Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education is holding meetings around the state to continue their "communication" efforts regarding Common Core Standards. These meetings across the state are being held
DESE would like you to go to their website for the information they want you to know in preparation for this meeting. http://dese.mo.gov/divimprove/curriculum/Common_Core.html
Every American parent, grandparent and citizen should be concerned about the condition of our public schools and the Federal Government intrution on America's education system. It's vital for you to get informed and attend meetings like this directed at the take over of American public schools.
- Were any pilot studies done on Common Core standards before they were adopted and implemented?
- Is there 3-5 years of research available to consider CCSS "best educational practice"?
- Are they internationally benchmarked? If so, where is the list?
- How will the student data be used?
- What 61 data points are currently being gathered on students, where is being sent and for what purpose?
- Does DESE have control over data retrieval and dissemination or does our consortia, the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortia? Did SBAC sign an agreement with the US Department of Education to send Missouri data to the Federal Government?
- Has a cost effectiveness study been done? If not, why not?
Here is a BINGO card you can use at the May 2nd meetings hosted by DESE to talk about Common Core. Check off every buzz word or phrase you hear. If you complete a row you are a winner, although there are no real winners with Common Core.
Senators Nieves & Lamping Speak Out Against Nat'l Education Standards
Share this post on: